The reason for a NYSWDA membership is a simple one - to increase your opportunities for business success. The goal is to not just survive, but to effectively compete and thrive in the home performance industry. With proven educational and technical resources, as well as targeted marketing outreach to those in the field, an affiliate or corporate membership is an excellent way to increase your productivity and profitability. Benefits that help your bottom line, at a great value, are what NYSWDA is all about.
As a Home Performance contractor or construction organization, dedicated to improving comfort and energy efficiency, you receive:
Reduced Training Rates - NYSWDA’s affiliate members enjoy 50% discounts on training rates at our Syracuse, NY Training Center and regional training centers at HVCC in Troy and ECC in Buffalo, NY. We also provide localized training with hosting partners throughout New York and New England. So, whether you travel to see us or attend training in your own backyard, you will enjoy great savings on exceptional training throughout the duration of your membership.
Expert Advice - Do you have a technical question? Need some guidance on compliance issues? Give us a call and we will direct you to one of our knowledgeable staff! All of NYSWDA’s trainers are experts in their field who will get you the answers you need so you can get right back on the job.
Communications - We provide frequent communication on items of interest in the weatherization and building science industry, upcoming networking opportunities, important advocacy issues and more. NYSWDA hosts groups on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, so you can stay informed in the way that is convenient for you.
Professional Credentialing - If you are new to Building Science or Weatherization, securing and maintaining your professional credentials may seem overwhelming at first. As industry standards and requirements change, even a seasoned professional has questions about keeping his or her credentials current. Not only will you have access to training that includes the most up-to-date standards, but we can work with you when your certifications are due for renewal, and answer your questions so you don't have to waste valuable time trying to figure out how to recertify.
Members' Portal - As an Affiliate Member, you gain select access to content in our "Members Only" sections including: OSHA GHS information, the NYS Field Guide and the ASHRAE calculator. You are also able to list, at no additional charge, any equipment you wish to sell or need to acquire.
As a supplier of products and/or services for the Home Performance industry, wanting to connect directly with professionals in the field, you receive:
Marketing Opportunities -
- Your company logo displayed at all NYSWDA training sessions, on NYSWDA's home page, on our table for every event we attend and in each month's training schedule email that goes out to over 400 contacts including NYS agencies, private contractors and industry associations
- NYSWDA website space on our Corporate Member page to provide information about your company, the products and/or services you offer and direct contact information to your company, including a corresponding link to your company's website
- Display of your print promotional materials in our Training Center lobby
- Introductory email promoting your company to all of our WAP and Affiliate members, as well as our industry contacts
- Annual membership renewal email promoting your company to all NYSWDA contacts
- Ability to submit educational/informational articles for NYSWDA newsletters, with company attribution and contact information included
- Opportunity to provide product samples to our training center, for potential use or demonstration in training events, and/or directly to NYSWDA Affiliate members and Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) agencies
- Sponsorship/exhibitor opportunities at conferences and events
- Option to offer a special discount program that can be promoted to all NYSWDA contacts
- Access to our membership lists and ways to connect to all of our contacts
- Mention on NYSWDA's Facebook page
Recruitment Assistance - As a Corporate Member, you also have the opportunity to post any job openings you may have on our website, at no additional charge.